The catalyst – the reliable and simple device which does not need in any service, but there are some facts which the owner has to know for the maximum service life of the catalyst:
– not to use ethylated gasoline in the car equipped with the catalyst as lead will cover precious metals in a catalyst lattice will reduce efficiency of their transformation, and, eventually, will put the catalyst out of action;
– always you keep ignition and fuel systems in a full order;
– if during the operation of the engine admissions of ignition are observed, do not operate the car before malfunction elimination;
– not to start the engine by a towage method;
– not to switch off ignition at high frequencies of rotation of the engine;
– not to use the car if from an exhaust pipe the trace of blue smoke is visible;
– after an engine stop the exhaust system a long time continues to radiate a significant amount of heat therefore it is necessary to avoid the parking on a grass and dry leaves;
– to remember that the catalyst is fragile therefore to avoid blows at removal of the catalyst or exhaust system.
The catalyst used on well adjusted car has to serve from 100 000 to 150 000 km of a run of the car.
The body of the car is equipped with thermal insulation from the catalyst. It is forbidden to coat the thermal insulation and surfaces adjacent to it. Not to remove thermal insulation from the car at all.